Q: My front wheels are locked when I switched to four wheel drive.

i placed the switch into 4 wheel drive and the indicator light went out and my front wheels locked after hearing a thump underneath, i returned switch to 2 wheel drive but still front wheels locked

If your transfer case can switch from 2 HI, 4 Hi, and 4 LOW, then there is nothing wrong with the transfer case. There seems to be an issue with the front locking solenoid and it may be stuck in the wrong position. Try backing up the vehicle with the transfer case in 2 HI and see if the front wheels unlock themselves. If they do, then you would need to replace the front locking solenoid. If the wheels stay locked, then a bearing may have collapsed. If you need further assistance with your front wheels locking up in 4WD, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My front wheels are locked when I switched to four wheel drive.