Q: Car revved & lurched over curb while foot was on brake

When I pulled in to park my car by the curb, with my foot on the brake, I pushed UP to park, using the dashboard function. My car first revved and then lurched over the curb toward a building. I continued to press my brakes while swerving to avoid the building, but scraped the side panel ran over two small trees (that had just been planted). The car kept lurching for around 30-40 feet, went back off the curb, past some parked cars (fortunately did not hit them) and finally stopped on its own. The engine ran until I pushed the ‘start / off’ button. What caused this and what is your advice in fixing the problem?

Hello there, issues like this are very uncommon. When the vehicle does not stop like this it obviously makes the vehicle unsafe to drive and is a cause for concern. The most likely causes of this would be something obstructing the gas pedal, transmission fault, faulty brakes, or a throttle issue. I’d recommend seeking assistance from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can perform checks on all of these components to diagnose the issue. Once the issue is evident, an accurate repair can be made to your vehicle.

3. Car revved & lurched over curb while foot was on brake