Q: Instrument Cluster gauges false readings

Battery gage needle going way highl and low sometime going out of the gauge itself completely what's this mean ? Had battery and alternator checked at auto zone they said both check out fine. So not sure what problem is Hurd it could be the voyage meter on the altonator been like this for months no signs of the lights dimming or car dieing

This may be related to a short or a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your instrument voltage regulator.

3. Instrument Cluster gauges false readings