Q: Power loss and black smoke from exhaust

i own an ford fiesta classic 2006 diesel.. when i accelerate the car power is less and it emits a lot of black smoke..

Hi There, Black smoke coming from the exhaust is usually an indication of a rich fuel condition. When this happens, this can be the result of many things such as faulty fuel injectors, a failing mass air flow sensor or a faulty fuel pressure regulator allowing too much fuel to be supplied to the combustion chamber to be burnt. When this happens the result is an excess amount of unburnt fuel being passed through the exhaust coming out in the form of black smoke. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your fuel system.

3. Power loss and black smoke from exhaust