Q: Key won't come out of ignition

There were a few times that it was took 2 or 3 tries to push the button in and shift from park into reverse in the past.
Now the key won't come out of the ignition. The Passport starts and drives, but I can't get the key out. Please help!

Carmakers are required to put an interlock on their cars that prevents the key from being withdrawn from the switch unless the vehicle is in park. Some of the systems us electronic switches and actuators and some just run a cable from the shifter to the ignition switch. I think this is where the trouble lies. If you are still driving the car, be very careful! it may be that the car is not going all the way into park when you shift there so there might be a danger of the car rolling away. Be sure to use your parking brake and contact Your Mechanic to get a technician to come to your home of office to check out your interlock for you

3. Key won't come out of ignition