Q: My front heat is not working but rear heat blowing. Had blower motor replaced 4 years ago... do u think it couldBe that again

My 2008 Buick Enclave front heater switch just stopped suddenly ; no warning noises nothing. The blower fan was replace about 3 years ago already.. back blowers and heat are still functioning... wondering if you think it's the blower motor fan again or possibly something else .

Thank you

It is entirely possible that the blower motor has failed. When the blower motor was last replaced, was the blower motor resistor replaced as well ? The resistor is also a big possibility. The blower motor resistor is used to change the voltage to the blower motor to vary the fan speed. If it was not in place to reduce or increase voltage, the fan would run at one speed only - high. The resistor can show signs of failure in a number of ways. It can fail all together so the fan will not work at all. It can also fail on certain speeds. For example, if your blower speed switch has 4 positions, it may work on 1 and 4, and not work on speeds 2 and 3. Other possible faults can be the relay for the front blower as well as the blower switch in the climate controls. A certified technician can look into why the front blower motor is not working and find the exact cause for you.

3. My front heat is not working but rear heat blowing. Had blower motor replaced 4 years ago... do u think it couldBe that again