Q: Wiper problem

I have put on a new wiper motor and replaced the fuse but as soon as I put on the wipers the motor won't move them? Take the wipers back off and the wiper bolts move??

Hi there. Check the wiper motor relay and see if its engaging or not. If the relay is not clicking when you turn on the switch, then replace the relay. Even if the relay clicks, its possible that the relay can stick and not function correctly. I recommend replacing the relay to the wiper motor and checking the ground circuit for a clean surface. Make sure that there is power to and from the wiper switch. If there is no power from the wiper switch, then the wiper switch needs replaced. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your wiper system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. The symptoms you describe can commonly be caused by an issue with the vehicle’s wiper motor assembly. If it not functioning properly once the wiper are installed then that could be a sign of a weak or faulty motor. The same can also happen if the wiper motor is installed incorrectly and places the wipers at an awkward or difficult angle. If the motor appears to be installed correctly, then it may be possible that the wiper motor is defective out of the box. Another possibility, though less likely, is a lack of power to the wiper motor, perhaps due to a wiring or connector issue. Testing power to the motor could determine if this is the issue. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the issue, and replace the wiper motor if necessary.

3. Wiper problem