Q: grinds going into second gear

of course its a 5 speed transmission and every gear drives fine but the (only) problem is that it grinds going (into) second gear but once I get it in second gear it drives fine and it tends if at a lower rpm it shifts a little smoother in second sometimes doesn't grind at all

Hi there. Typically when your transmission grinds only in that particular gear, it is because the second gear’s synchronizer is failing. That would mean that the transmission would need to be taken apart and rebuilt. Prior to doing this, I typically change the transmission oil first, as old fluid can cause the grinding that you are feeling. Typically if oil is the cause, it would happen in every gear then, but this is not always the case. If you plan on having the vehicle diagnosed consider a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to see what is why your transmission produces the grinding noise.