Q: Check engine check battery leaking smoke

My check battery light came on and a friend checked my fluids to see that I had no coolant / transmission fluid . we bought some filled it up and waited a day before I started it up again. Drove it and then my check engine/ check battery light appeared again and I lost my radio/ dashboard while driving. I took it to auto zone , they checked my battery and said it was at 0%. My mom told me to continue driving it and try to drive it home... It started making a chugging noise while pressing on the gas and then it started smoking white smoke and leaking on the freeway. I shut off my car and had it towed. What's wrong with it do you think?

A: If it was leaking "antifreeze" or...

If it was leaking "antifreeze" or "coolant" on the freeway, that signifies a cooling system leak although it is also possible that your car is overheating (due to a cooling system problem like a stuck thermostat or an engine issue) and the overheating simply caused the pressure relief valve in the radiator cap to open expelling steam and liquid coolant. It's hard to say which is occurring without looking at the car directly. Consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the Check Engine Light and other symptoms.

The fault with the battery is possibly a coincidence and the electrical issue will have to be dealt with as well. It's not unusual for older cars to have multiple problems but the problems are not directly related; they are merely coincidental.