Q: I have to warm up my car for about 15 minutes

I have to warm up my car for about 30 minutes every time I start it even when i stop somewhere I have to reheat it or it will turn off while driving, If I let it run for a while It wont turn off. I thought it was some kind of choke problem.Itstalls real slow until it turns off.

A: Unless you’re in extremely cold weather, wa...

Unless you’re in extremely cold weather, warming up engines is usually not required, and hasn’t been for decades.

Driving away right after start-up and driving easy for the first few minutes is all that’s needed (except for cold winter climates!). Its possible that your Mitsubishi either doesn’t have a thermostat, or it is stuck open.

In mild or warm weather, most vehicles’ temperature gauge will climb up to close to the halfway point within a few minutes of driving. That is something to look for that may provide a helpful clue. It also possible that your vehicle has a fuel control issue that is preventing it from delivering the correct amount of fuel into the cylinders. This can be the result of a faulty sensor, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, or a vacuum leak.

If you would like a highly rated technician to diagnose your cars stalling issue for you, please try one from YourMechanic. An accurate repair can then be made once the problem has been pinpointed.