Q: I have to warm up my car for about 15 minutes

I have to warm up my car for about 30 minutes every time I start it even when i stop somewhere I have to reheat it or it will turn off while driving, If I let it run for a while It wont turn off. I thought it was some kind of choke problem.Itstalls real slow until it turns off.

Unless you’re in extremely cold weather, warming up engines is usually not required, and hasn’t been for decades.

Driving away right after start-up and driving easy for the first few minutes is all that’s needed (except for cold winter climates!). Its possible that your Mitsubishi either doesn’t have a thermostat, or it is stuck open.

In mild or warm weather, most vehicles’ temperature gauge will climb up to close to the halfway point within a few minutes of driving. That is something to look for that may provide a helpful clue. It also possible that your vehicle has a fuel control issue that is preventing it from delivering the correct amount of fuel into the cylinders. This can be the result of a faulty sensor, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, or a vacuum leak.

If you would like a highly rated technician to diagnose your cars stalling issue for you, please try one from YourMechanic. An accurate repair can then be made once the problem has been pinpointed.

3. I have to warm up my car for about 15 minutes