Q: Hi.I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. My ESP light came on and my car won't go over 35 mph.

asked by on March 20, 2017

My car wont go over 35 mph my Esp Bas light on .i have auto and stick and we cant switch to stick

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The Electronic Stability Program light is on for the one or more of the wheel speed sensors are picking up a wheel that is spinning too fast. If the rear wheels spun out, then the system will become active to slow down the transmission and cause the transmission to shift automatically only. Try this, park the vehicle and with the engine running, turn the wheels all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, then to the middle, then turn off the ignition. Turn the key back on and start the engine. If the light stays on, then there is an issue with the wheel speed sensor. Either the reluctor wheel has moved or the sensor has failed to pick up a pattern and it may be dirty or full of metal shavings. If you need further assistance with your ESP light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.