Q: Check engine light code P0876 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch D Circuit Range / Performance

2006 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 4WD, popped CEL with a P0750 Shift Solenoid A and P0700 Transmission Control System. A loss of power during acceleration and in limp mode. Had Solenoid pack replaced. It initially seemed to solve the problem. Over the course of the next month I notice some sluggish response and sputtering when I came to a stop. Sometimes it would even die, but would restart right away. This only seemed to happen when I would first start the Durango in the morning. If I let it warm up for a while, it seemed to run much smoother. This morning the CEL went off again right after some sluggish response and sputtering, a code of P0876 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch D Circuit Range/Performance. Not in limp mode and once again seems to drive much like normal when warmed up. Also I park my Durango on a bit of an upward incline. Is it possible that the transmission fluid is pooling in a way that is not allowing the transmission to work properly first thing in the morning? Thx!

The key here is you are parking on an incline and the code P0876. One of the possible causes is the transmission is low on fluid. The code is for range or performance, and this means that sensor works sometimes and not so well in others. I would suggest parking your vehicle on level ground, clearing the code and check the transmission fluid level when it is hot to make sure it is full. Once this is done, then road test to see if the code returns without parking on the incline during the testing. The incline could be starving the transmission for fluid when you first start the vehicle causing the code. If the code does not return, then you will know the incline is the issue and will have to make a parking change for the vehicle. Continued operation starving the transmission of oil can lead to internal transmission damage. If you want to have your Check Engine Light thoroughly diagnosed and repaired, a technician from YourMechanic can perform these services for your car.

3. Check engine light code P0876 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch D Circuit Range / Performance