Q: My driver side lights are dimmer than my passenger side.

asked by on November 14, 2016

So I have this problem with my headlights. The driver side is very dim whereas my passenger is not. When this happens my left turn signal hyper flashes when It is turned left. This problem only happens when it is starting to get dark, I drive where it is dark, and in the mornings. Also when I pull back to flash my highbeams my left side goes dark sometimes and my engine stalls.

Headlights are dim Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello:

When you turn on the headlight switch, power is sent from the battery/alternator to the bulbs, causing the filaments to heat up and glow, which produces the light you need to see the road. Headlights are similar in many ways to a fuse or the lightbulbs you have at home - either they work or they don’t. When they are dim, it’s typically caused by wiring leading to the headlight. This is also what might cause your headlight problem of shutting off. In order to determine what’s the source of the issue, you should have a professional mechanic complete a headlights are dim inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the correct repairs which eliminates guess work and can save you a lot of time and money.