Q: How do I clear the previous HomeLink garage door opener settings?

How do I clear the previous HomeLink garage door opener settings?

A: If you move, or are purchasing a used car, ...

If you move, or are purchasing a used car, you’ll want to clear the previous HomeLink garage door opener settings before programming your own. You can do this in a few easy steps.

1. Locate the HomeLink garage door buttons. There are three buttons (labeled “I”, “II”, and “III”) in the overhead console.

2. Press and hold the I and III buttons for about 20 seconds. During this time, the message CLEARING CHANNELS will be displayed on the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC).

3. When the EVIC displays the message “CHANNELS CLEARED,” let go of the buttons. Your HomeLink garage door opener settings are now cleared.