can i drop a 454 small block chevy into a 2014 lancer? if...

Q: can i drop a 454 small block chevy into a 2014 lancer? if so what expertise would be needed

asked by on September 18, 2017

i am just wondering if it is possible to drop a 454 small block chevy engine into a 2014 lancer es
if not what are a few good engines that will fit

My car has an automatic transmission, but i want to change that to a manual soon

Hi Christopher. Is it possible....certainly. However, the only thing you’d be able to use with the existing Mitsubishi is the body and maybe a few interior parts, as you’d have to install a full frame, rear wheel drive, new engine mounts on that frame to hold that 454 Chevrolet big block - not a small block, new transmission, rear end, electronics and beyond. To say that it would require a tremendous amount of custom fabrication would be an understatement.

I do not believe that this engine would fit unless some serious custom modifications were made to the vehicle. This engine bay is designed for a front wheel drive 4 cylinder. The small block Chevy engine is intended for rear wheel drive or four-wheel drive vehicles for the most part. this is not to say that it is impossible it is just that it would be quite expensive and lots of knowledge would be required to get the job done.