Q: Car shakes when in idle.

I believe the lower control arm needs replacing. The car shakes when it is idling, the RPMs rev up when my foot is on the brake, and it feels like it wants to take off. My car also has a leak.

Hi there. With this many issues you really need to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the knowledge and tools to do this. If you have a bad control arm it will typically cause knocking or creaking in the suspension when going over bumps. As for the shaking and the engine revving with your foot on the brake that is usually caused by a vacuum leak. It may be a bad vacuum hose on the engine, a leaking intake manifold, or brake vacuum booster. If it has a fluid leak, this can come from anywhere depending on which fluid it is. If you prefer not to do this I would get the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Car shakes when in idle.