Q: How does the battery saver system work?

How does the battery saver system work?

Even if it’s never happened to you, chances are good that you know at least one person who’s forgotten to turn off their headlights and came back out to a dead battery in their car. The battery saver system in your Altima is designed to spare you from a similar fate. The best thing? There’s nothing you need to do. Here’s how it works:

1. You turn on your headlights (either your daytime running lights or the headlights themselves).

2. You turn off the engine but forget to turn off the lights.

3. The headlights turn off by themselves after about 5 minutes.

Tips

• You’ll hear a chime when the engine is off, the driver door is open and the headlights are on. This is a reminder to turn them off.

• The battery saver system is automatic, and does not need to be activated.

3. How does the battery saver system work?