Q: Transmission not shifting, overdrive button on dash doesn't work

Bought a used transmission and a new torque converter. Old transmission didn't shift up or down, new transmission does the same thing.

Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to offer my insight. It sounds like your car has an electrical problem. I would start by checking the signal going to the transmission from the computer. It may not have the proper voltage going to it. It may have a blown fuse or an ignition switch issue. If there is power going to it then it may actually be an issue with the computer itself. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.

3. Transmission not shifting, overdrive button on dash doesn't work