Q: Two cylinders are not working, car runs on 2 cylinders

Was driving and when I pressed on the gas it wasn't registering, then smoke shot out the back and I heard a grinding noise. Now the car only runs on two cylinders. The spark plugs were not hitting in the two cylinders that weren't working. I changed the spark plugs out, when I changed them one had alot of oil on it. So I also changed the head gaskets and the spark plugs. Still only two cylinders hit. When I go to start it, you have to hold the key turned until it catches, as if it has a bad battery and trying to get enough juice to turn. Sometimes have to give it some gas to start. I tried to drive it around the block and it runs on 2 cylinders as long as I keep pushing gas. If I let off, it will idle down and then cut off. If i start it and don't go anywhere and stay in the garage, it will idle but barley. But once I take off and drive a bit, it will not idle. Have to hold the gas down to keep it from shutting off. What could this be ?

Hi there. Are there any warning lights on? This would be a good starting point as the ECM will set codes to aid in the direction of diagnosis. Has a compression test been performed? A cylinder leakage test? What were the results? This could be failed ignition coils, an open circuit in the wire harness, a faulty ECM, or a mechanical concern. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an engine is misfiring inspection.

3. Two cylinders are not working, car runs on 2 cylinders