Q: Idle Problem & Exhaust sputtering noises

I had a tune up done I my truck about 3 years back. So far I have put about 30K miles on my truck since the tune up. I've maintained the truck, taken really good care of it since I bought it & have put in a lot of money into it trying to keep it running. Basically, the spark plugs have about maybe half of their life used up because I bought the iridium laser spark plugs w/ import direct wires from orielly. Top of the line stuff that is the most expensive! Nothing cheap has gone into my truck at all, what could be this issue? I can be anywhere & have my truck inDrive or park & as long as it's on, it shakes & you can see the RPM's go as low as 400 maybe less & sputters at the end of the exhaust. But it idles rough but has no problem picking up speed or cruising. Only idle is the main problem.

With the information that you have provided, I would surmise that you are describing the signs of an engine misfire. Pulling the diagnostic codes with a code reader will probably show codes that relate to a misfire, and could help diagnose exactly what the cause is. There are several possible causes for the engine to misfire. A faulty spark plug, plug wire, ignition coil, or a clogged or misfiring injector can all cause a misfire that will go away with higher rpm’s, or at least appear to. If you feel you could use a hand in locating and/or repairing the issue, I would suggest contacting a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Idle Problem & Exhaust sputtering noises