Q: What is causing a loud sound every time I step on the gas?

When I step on the gas pedal my car makes a very loud eeeerrrr eeeerrrr noise like it's having a hard time. Lately my car will roll over and start but it's having a harder time. What could this issue be or where should I start to look for answers?

A: There are many different things that may ca...

There are many different things that may cause an engine to struggle such as low fuel pressure, dirty or leaking fuel injectors, a failing or dirty mass air flow sensor and many other possibilities. Low fuel pressure will cause the injectors to lack the correct amount of fuel to be supplied to the motor causing the engine to starve for fuel. Dirty or leaking fuel injectors may cause the motor to be over fueled causing more fuel to be supplied to the motor than what it can burn effectively. A dirty or mass air flow sensor may cause the computer to make incorrect adjustments to fuel based upon faulty readings if it is not working properly. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car's running condition.