Q: Checking the engine by taking the intake manifold off on the Chevy 350 V8

If I pull the intake manifold on the Chevy 350 V8, are there things I can see to tell if it need rebuilding or replacement?

When you pull the intake manifold off, you’re going to see all the gaskets in there, and you can look at the valves. You can see if the valves have carbon build-up and if they need cleaning. There are quite a few things you can check, when you take the intake manifold off. Look inside the engine. You can take a little bright flashlight and look inside. You can see all kinds of things that way.

3. Checking the engine by taking the intake manifold off on the Chevy 350 V8