Q: My engine light is on and auto zone code says O2 sensor or catalytic converter.

My engine light is on and auto zone code says oxygen sensor or catalytic convertor. When I drive it the car feel like its jumping or slipping transmission. Accelerates funny. Could the sensor or converter make it feel that way?

If you have codes to the O2 sensors does not always mean you have bad catalytic converters. You describe different problems that can be the converters and even a transmission shift problems. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic diagnose the problems you are having since both repairs could be very expensive if the problem turns out to be the catalyst and the transmission. You may have a minor problem that is causing all the problems like a vacuum leak at one of the vacuum hoses to the crankcase ventilation system. Only a thorough diagnostics from a qualified mechanic can isolate the problems.

• My engine light is on and auto zone code says O2 sensor or catalytic converter.