Q: Straight pipes pros and cons

What are cons and pros of straight pipes?

A: Straight pipes means you are running straig...

Straight pipes means you are running straight pipes on the engine with no muffle--so, they are loud and your neighbors may get bothered by the loud noise.

When I was a kid, we used to do it on cars and motorcycles all the time. But those were simple vehicles in those time, they all had a carburetor. So, if you put a straight pipe on, all you had to do is re-jack the carburetor so it ran well and if you didn't, then you'd get those clunkers that backfired because they weren't running right. We had to re-jack carburetors. But on the modern car, they all use fuel injectors. The only way to get those to run right is to find a real pro who has a dynamometer, gas analyzer, and knows how to reprogram your computer. So, it gets really expensive to do that right. Realize that, you can do it but it will cost you some serious money to do it correctly.