Q: Cylinder 3 Misfire - 2005 Mini Cooper S

I'm looking into a 2005 mini cooper s, and it has a idle misfire on cylinder 3, which goes away when driving. I know that the first gen version of the 2005 s commonly found that they commonly have over corrosion, or oxidation in regardes to cylinder 3. I want to know how much it would be to fix, and the would let me decide if its worth the deal. And to know what work has to be done to get it back to mint.

Thank you

A: Hi - yes, for whatever reasons, the stock c...

Hi - yes, for whatever reasons, the stock coil packs use steel contacts instead of brass. I would replace the stock coil with an aftermarket coil that uses brass contacts. Before purchasing, I would recommend a pre-purchase vehicle inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.