Q: Auxiliary battery draining the hybrid battery

The battery level has been changing color from blue to purple/lavender. The dealer told me this is because the auxiliary battery was not properly installed. For the past 3 or 4 weeks after the installation, my car has been sounding like a racing car. He also told me that it was the auxiliary battery that had drained the hybrid battery. The dealer had initially reported to me that the auxiliary battery had been charged and reinstalled. However, this morning I had to go back to the dealership for the very same problem. The battery was again turning from blue to purple/lavender and it still sounded like a racing car when I would drive it. If they hadn't installed the auxiliary battery properly, would it be taking this long for me to notice the problem that I'm now having?

A: Auxiliary batteries can take awhile before ...

Auxiliary batteries can take awhile before symptoms may be noticed on a Prius. This is due to the hybrid system powering many of the components. In this vehicle the auxiliary battery is mainly used for starting. It could cause problems if not installed properly.

I’d recommend getting some help from qualified technician who will be able to diagnose the source of your battery issue and assist you with any repairs that may be necessary.