Q: Squeaking when turning. Ball joints or Tie Rod ends?

When I turn my steering wheel left, my truck will sometimes make a very very loud squeaking noise while i'm turning the wheel. It doesn't sound power steering related. I'm putting my money on the tie rods or Ball Joints. Any suggestions on how to tell which it is?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Austin. Thanks for contacting us today. This video is actually quite good at diagnosing whether the noise you’re hearing is a ball joint issue. If you complete this inspection and the ball joint appears good - then it’s likely the tie rod. However, it could also be both, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help diagnose your problem.