Q: Doesn't $800 seem a little high for an oil pan gasket replacement?

I brought my wife's car in ( 2008 Chrysler Seabring) for an oil leak. CarX told me it would be over $800 to replace the oil pan gasket and two other gaskets with leaks. Your site quotes less than $400 at the max range for this work from a dealer.... is there any way that these guys aren't ripping me off here? I know that she has a leak because there are about a dozen dime to quarter sized spots on the driveway but that doesn't seem to be a whole lot of oil coming out and not " a large leak from 3 different places" as they said. Please help.

Hello. This is less than an issue about the ethics of a dealership service center, and more about the cost overhead of the 2 different business models (dealership and YourMechanic). A dealership has a much more expensive cost structure: building, equipment, warranty repair support, and required manufacturer training to support pretty much ANY repair scenario presented to them. This is expensive, they are a business as well, and their hourly rates have to accommodate these factors and still make money. YourMechanic utilizes the same trained professionals, in a much lower overhead mobile setting, for the most common routine maintenance and repair tasks, but without the costly overhead dealers required to maintain. If you would like to have this service done, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to replace the oil pan gasket.