Q: My transmission was slipping severely the fluid level was ok I flushed it out and add Lucas stop slips and leaks now works fine?

asked by on July 11, 2017

My 2000 Honda Accord automatic transmission was slipping the fluid level was ok I flushed it out and add new fluid and Lucas stop slips and leaks car first couple days no difference if anything slipping became worse wouldn't drive had to turn off car and wait couple of minutes before turning it back on. so i stop driving before it completely gave out been sitting almost a month decided to go around my neighbor just so the car moves and now it's working fine now.what could it have been?any help its greatly appreciate thanks

I’m betting that whatever is wrong with your transmission is still wrong. Some of those "mechanic in a can" liquids can buy you a little time, but more often they cause more harm than good. Most of them have additives that cause the seals and clutch lining to swell up a small amount, and sometimes that’s enough to make it work. and in your case it may be that it took some time for the clutch linings to absorb the fluid. If you don’t want to invest in a new transmission, you should probably consider finding a replacement for the car and soon, while it still works. Either way you can contact Your Mechanic to have a professional check it out. You can have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your slipping transmission and make a recommendation as to a fix or if the news is bad and you need to go shopping for another car, you can have a Pre-Purchase Inspection to check out whatever replacement you may be interested in.