My Check Engine Light came on. I fixed the issue, but the...

Q: My Check Engine Light came on. I fixed the issue, but the light quickly came back on. Will it turn itself off?

asked by on August 26, 2017

My check engine light came on and it said the problem was the PCV valve. I got it replaced and as i was driving home from the shop, the light turned on again. I checked the code and it said the problem was the PCV valve (which id just gotten replaced about fifteen minutes before). Will the light turn itself off when it sees the problem is solved? Or do I need to do that manually?

Just because a code is displayed does not mean that part is bad in all cases. The code is used as a tool to diagnose the problem. You may have to have the code diagnosed by an experienced mechanic like one from YourMechanic. The pinpoint test for the code will need to be done. Since you did not give the code number you got i cannot be more detailed than this.