Q: Fluid on bottom of transmission

Nissan tech says that cvt is sweating and that its normal to me a transaxle is a sealed environment with maybe a vent so if theres fluid leaking it would be problem wheter bad gasket, tc seal, rear main or fluid pushing out of vent due to extreme temps. I need something to argue with the tech some proff that a cvt shouldnt leak at all maybe any help would be greatly appreciated

A: A very thin film of fluid seeping from the ...

A very thin film of fluid seeping from the transmission especially at higher mileage is considered normal as long as the internal fluid level is full and there are no operational problems. A thin film is considered normal, but the assembly should not appear wet or have drips of fluid coming from it. In that case, the transmission case is leaking and must be disassembled to be resealed. At your mileage, the leak may not be covered under warranty and if it is the warranty company may not want to fix the problem unless it causes issues or gets worse. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a good look at the fluid loss and track it back to the source whether it be the transmission itself or another leak making it’s way there and making a mess.