Q: Car hard starts, rough idles , fan on all the time and stalls when accelerating.

Car overheated and had the head gasket replaced. Car would not start after because coolant sensor was not jacked in. Jacked it in and car started but now the fan is on all the time, it hard starts , rough idles and stalls when accelerating. Did a compression test on all 4 cylinders got 130-150 and also checked for spark which was good as well. The car is a p11 primera with a sr18 engine

A: The symptoms you are experiencing can be ...

The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by many things. A few things I would look at are the fuel, ignition, and engine management systems.

If there is an issue with the components to any of these systems then they may cause performance problems. If there an issue with the fuel pump, ignition coil, or idle air control valve then the vehicle may experience all the symptoms you describe.

I would also take a close look at the temperature sensor, as in some vehicles it is responsible for powering on the fans, and can cause them to malfunction if it goes bad.

You're unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your stalling issue and the other symptoms you've described firsthand.