Q: Q: Heating

I have an 02 Lincoln ls v8 that is simply blowing cold air when heat is on 90 and high it is 30 degrees outside I need to to figure out what's going on I have kids that ride in this car.....when I do the test on heater in dash I get code 24 28 so which is driver temp sensor. And if I replace sensor will I have heat. Does it sound as if my dccv is bad or how do I test that

Hello. There can be several components that will cause the heater to fail. Always start with the simple options first. The heater relies on hot coolant from the engine entering the heater core where air is pushed over it before entering the cab. If the coolant level in your vehicle is low, there will not be enough warm coolant in the heater core to feel warm air coming through the vents. If your heater core valve has failed, the warm coolant will not be diverted where the heating system can use it to warm the air. The driver temperature sensor code for is a sensor that takes the settings you have requested and allows the climate control module to make adjustments to keep the temperature where you set it. Typically the DCCV has different symptoms, such as cold air on one side and hot air on the other. It is possible for this to have failed, and you should start by checking its fuse. The valve will need to be removed from the vehicle and bench tested. Start by making sure the coolant is full, and replacing the sensor in which the vehicle’s computer said was failing.