Q: How much should it cost to replace a fuel pump relay?

asked by on July 19, 2016

Car has suddenly died 3 times, but has always restarted. But now, it won't start. The car is trying to start, but it just won't catch.

A fuel pump relay will typically cost about $25 for the part, and a mechanic may charge a minimum of an hour’s worth of labor to replace it. The vehicle not starting may be a fuel pump or relay along with other possible ignition problems. If you car will not start, then the fuel pressure and ignition spark should be checked to see what system needs diagnosed. If you’d like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s starting issue and replace the fuel pump relay as needed.