Q: I feel a vibration when I apply my brakes.

I purchased brake pads for the front in November of last year and recently I've noticed while driving when I put on the brakes it seems like my car has a stuttering affect while trying to stop or slow down.

If the vibration you are feeling only comes when you apply the brakes, the problem may be in the braking system. Typically, a vibration felt in the steering wheel while braking is tied to the front brakes and this vibration can come from warped brake rotors. Thickness variation in the rotor is what causes this vibration and as long as the rotor will remain thick enough to remain in service after machining, it can be cut straight again. If the brake rotor will be too thin after machining, it must be replaced. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle in order to offer a more personal diagnosis if your vibration or stuttering while braking.

3. I feel a vibration when I apply my brakes.