Q: Why do the battery light and reduced engine power light come on at the same time?

Yesterday when I drove home from work the battery light would come on when I turned and my truck would lose power and all electrical components would die for a few seconds but never cut off. But this morning when I left for work it started doing the same thing then suddenly it died. I started it back up and that's when the reduced engine power light came on and I couldn't give over like 20mph immediately turned around. Luckily I wasn't far I made it back home but it did die again. What could this be?? Fyi..... Sometimes it takes two or three tries to start up.

3. Why do the battery light and reduced engine power light come on at the same time?