Q: Why do the battery light and reduced engine power light come on at the same time?

asked by on November 03, 2016

Yesterday when I drove home from work the battery light would come on when I turned and my truck would lose power and all electrical components would die for a few seconds but never cut off. But this morning when I left for work it started doing the same thing then suddenly it died. I started it back up and that's when the reduced engine power light came on and I couldn't give over like 20mph immediately turned around. Luckily I wasn't far I made it back home but it did die again. What could this be?? Fyi..... Sometimes it takes two or three tries to start up.