Q: Something dragging under car

I ran over a shredded tire, and now something is dragging under my car..

A: Hi. There are quite a few parts that can be...

Hi. There are quite a few parts that can become loose and drug under the vehicle. Most of the time it is the skid plate under the front of the car. This plastic part will become loose and then drag after hitting something. It can also be a loose exhaust shield. I would typically start by getting the vehicle in the air to see what parts are hanging down and then repair what is evident. If you did not plan on doing this yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the car noise and replace the failing part.