Q: What motor oil do you recommend 5w30 or 10w30?

Also how many quarts of engine oil does it take?

Hey there. Your 190E holds 5.3 quarts or 5 liters. The weight of oil is determined by the average temperature of the climate you live in. If the temperature is above 70 degrees Fahrenheit, I would go with the 10w30, but the relevant number is the 30. This designates the highest temperature it should be used. The first number, the 5 or the 10 designate the colder end of the oils compatibility. Based on this, choose the 5w30 if the outside temperature below 50 degrees Fahrenheit on a regular basis.

The fact is, either one will work fine in all but extreme circumstances. As an example, below freezing average temperatures or average temperatures above 80 or 90 degrees Fahrenheit, 5w30 is what the manufacturer recommends in colder temperatures and 15w40 to 20w-50 for temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you would like help with your oil change, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service.