How do I adjust the rearview mirror? rav4 mirrors toyota ...

Q: How do I adjust the rearview mirror?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I adjust the rearview mirror?

Having a clear, unobstructed view out the back window of your car is vital. You need to see behind you while you’re on the road, when you’re backing out of a parking space and more. Whether you have a manual or automatic dimming rearview mirror, you will take the same steps to adjust it to get the best view:

1. Grasp the mirror by the outside of the housing. Don’t touch the glass. Don’t touch the sensor on the back or front if you have an automatic dimming mirror.

2. Tilt the mirror up and down.

3. Tilt the mirror left and right.

Tips

• Make sure the view in the rearview mirror is centered – you should primarily see what’s behind the vehicle. Don’t adjust it so that the back seats show.

• Don’t adjust the mirror while driving. It takes your attention off the road.