Q: I drove threw a big puddle last night while it was storming and my car wont start

asked by on November 06, 2017

I was driving in a storm last night and hut a big puddle last night and my car stalled and will not start again

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Lisa. Thanks for contacting us today. There are two possibilities here. First, it is possible that some water may have entered the engine and caused a hydraulic lock (which essentially makes the engine useless and will require complete rebuilding). The second option is that several or a few electrical connections or sensors have been saturated with water - causing electrical problems. Diagnosing this type of issue can be rather complex, so you might want to wait a few days to see if the vehicle starts up again once things dry off. If not, please contact a professional mechanic to complete an onsite inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr