Q: I have a squeaking / chipping noise coming from under the jeep at 15 mph and when I slow down adding pressure to the brakes it sto

asked by on October 06, 2016

When I add pressure to the brakes the noise stops. As I acelurate the noise starts again I have no n problem stopping.

It is not uncommon to hear a chirping, or squeaking noise, coming from the brakes. Sometimes, it is just normal for the pads to make some noise, other times it can signal that it is time for the brake pads to be replaced.

If the noise persists, it would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic, inspect the brake system to be sure everything is alright.