Q: No more engine oil 2005 Ford Mustang

asked by on December 27, 2016

redline a fairly cold engine, heard metal sound, then tons of smoke, hard to break at first so i can safty park on the side of the road. engine oil 100% leaked out from bottom part it. what broke?maybe a cracked oil pan gasket? it has a supercharge 10psi. Also if I crank over the engine ,it dies in 3 seconds

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - If you have lost all the engine oil through the oil pan, there is no doubt broken internal engine damage. Most likely, this is a broken connecting rod or piston. Attempting to restart the engine would be difficult since not all cylinders are now producing power. This will be expensive. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Hi there. When redlining an engine as its cold the parts are not stretched and will cause an issue with the pistons coming in contact with the valve train as the parts stretch instantly. What happened is one of the pistons and rod assembly blew out of the bottom of the engine. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine as it needs repaired or replaced.