Q: Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't.

I just bought a car from a dealership about 2 months ago. In this last week my car would randomly not start other times it wouldn't and it would take 2-5 tries to get it to start. (Car has been jumped twice) Today I was on way to the store and my car startedto shake while driving down the road Then in the parking lot And came to a stop the engine was just shaking and the car was acting as if is was going to shut off. When coming back to the car to start it again it world start but went back to the shaking and wasn't able to stay running. Now let me not forget to put in that all the automatic lights in the car turn on still and on the dash. So at first I thought battery but now I'm leaning to the alternator but please get back to us as soon as possible cause the cars still sitting at the store.

Hi there. This does sound like a voltage issue. I would start by doing a load test of the battery and the alternator. Most of the time it is a battery issue. I would also check the connections at the battery and at the negative battery cable.

These problems are common on this vehicle and will cause this same issue. I have also seen the ignition switch and the body control module cause these symptoms, so they may need to be tested as well. Consider having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check out the problems associated with your car not starting and perform any necessary repairs.