Q: My car makes noises as if it were hitting something and it shakes

My truck makes wierd farting sounds like if it were hitting something and when I accelerate it sounds like it accelerates but it keeps going for a while until I let go of the gas .

This may be related to many different things such as a misfire or a fuel supply problem. Many times a misfire or a lack of fuel supplied to an engine will cause a shaking or vibrating effect. In the case of a misfire, this is caused by a missing cylinder which causes an imbalance in an otherwise balanced rotating motor assembly. In the case of an engine starving for fuel, this may also cause a misfire due to the lack of the proper amount of fuel entering a cylinder that is igniting.

I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the source of the shaking and suggest any necessary repairs.

3. My car makes noises as if it were hitting something and it shakes