Q: My car makes noises as if it were hitting something and it shakes

My truck makes wierd farting sounds like if it were hitting something and when I accelerate it sounds like it accelerates but it keeps going for a while until I let go of the gas .

A: This may be related to many different thing...

This may be related to many different things such as a misfire or a fuel supply problem. Many times a misfire or a lack of fuel supplied to an engine will cause a shaking or vibrating effect. In the case of a misfire, this is caused by a missing cylinder which causes an imbalance in an otherwise balanced rotating motor assembly. In the case of an engine starving for fuel, this may also cause a misfire due to the lack of the proper amount of fuel entering a cylinder that is igniting.

I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the source of the shaking and suggest any necessary repairs.