Q: Transmission is not responding when I put it in gear. All gears act like neutral.

Transmission responds for like a min or 2 then it just feels like the car is in N stops responding & it be like that in all gears only thing I could do is put it in park turn the car off for a while then its back to working for a like another 2mins then stops again what could it be? Transmission ran fine before shifted fine & no jerking or anything I'm confused..

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. It sounds like the pump pressure switch is overloading and causing a mass dump. Check the wiring harness to the transmission and see if there is power to the harness. If there is power, then check the pins on the transmission for continuity and see if any of the pins are really high. I recommend replacing the pump pressure switch in the transmission.

If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you determine what is wrong with your transmission and replace the transmission oil pressure switch if needed.

• Transmission is not responding when I put it in gear. All gears act like neutral.