Q: Q: Brakes Squealing

I had my breaks replaced and they are still squealing. What could the problem be. The other mechanics can't figure it out.

If you only replaced the brake pads and not the rotors or drums (if equipped in the rear), then you may look at getting them replaced or resurfaced. If you are getting squealing only when you push on the brakes and did not have a problem before, then look at the installation of the pad silencers and sensors. They may be rubbing the rotor.

You may see a scrapping mark indicating the pad that is touching. If the noise is all the time even when not hitting brake, then look for a bent backing plate behind the rotor. If you still need help, then get in touch with a mechanic to help isolate the braking noise. I have seen the use of real cheap pads cause a lot of noise issues, too.

3. Q: Brakes Squealing