Q: Car is leaking coolant, and overheating, is it the intake manifold gasket?

My Chevrolet Venture 2005 is leaking coolant-it has seemed to have a bit of misfiring at times, and overheats mostly when it is idling, driving on the highway, or the coolant gets too low. Is this the intake manifold gasket? I have seen some drips under the car at times, heard a dripping sound at times too right after I turn the car off.

This may be related to a few different things such as a bad thermostat, a failing coolant fan relay, or a blown head gasket.

As you may know the thermostat regulates the flow of coolant in and out of the engine from the radiator. When this is stuck closed, this will not allow coolant to be recirculated and cooled down through the radiator. When the coolant fan relay is not working properly, this may cause the fans to not come on at the correct temperatures, again causing overheating problems.

I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car and diagnose your cooling system.

3. Car is leaking coolant, and overheating, is it the intake manifold gasket?