Q: My steering wheel is shaking

My steering wheel is shaking on me when I drive around 65 MPH. I am going to take the car to the dealership, but what could be causing the shaking? I don't have aftermarket wheels. I checked the wheel weights and they are all there. I took a wheel off to look at it, and I don't see any bend on the rim. If there is a bend in the rim, do I need to replace it?

Just because the wheel has weights attached to it doesn’t mean it is balanced correctly. My guess is that the wheels/tires are out of balance.

However, the problem could also be worn steering/suspension parts or tires. A bent rim can sometimes be balanced, depending on how badly it is bent. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle firsthand with an inspection of the shaking steering wheel.

3. My steering wheel is shaking