Q: Would a chip in the crankshaft make the car a squek and have a burning rubber smell?

Would a chip in the crankshaft make the car have a squek and a burning rubber smell?

Hi there. Typically the symptoms you are describing is caused by a damaged serpentine or accessory belt. The squealing noise is usually caused by the belt being loose or the pulley’s that drive the belt being worn out. The burning rubber smell is often a symptom of the belt burning due to excessive heat build-up while being loose and about ready to break. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection to correctly diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Would a chip in the crankshaft make the car a squek and have a burning rubber smell?