Q: Traction and Check Engine Light on

Car was working perfectly fine, until I started is up today and I saw the two lights come on

A: Hey there. Your car is equipped with wheel ...

Hey there. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car's ECU.

When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may notice the traction control or ABS lights coming on or occasionally even notice the ABS or traction control system engaging. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose you traction control system to determine the cause for this.